Some applicants wonder if it is okay to use a migration agent when they apply for a passport or visa. There are mixed answers to this one. It can either be you should or you shouldn’t. It all depends on your present case or the kind of visa that you want to apply for. Some migration agents suggest that it is not that important to use an agent when you move in into Australia. If you want expert advice for Skilled Migrant Visa you can contact Migration Australia. But then again it entirely depends on the ability of the individual for their success with their application. It is like deciding whether or not you are going to use an accountant that will send in your tax return or when you hire a solicitor that will prepare your Will. Some individuals are very confident that they can do it by themselves while others go to a professional adviser.
In the end, this is all about personal preference. If you wish to have the migration agent process your visa for you, here are the services they offer to their clients:
- Give you their honest opinion about your chance of getting a visa
- Advise you about what type of visa is best suited for you out of 140+ options you can choose from
- Give you a firm and written quote of the fees that will be charged to you. It also includes the details of the components of application like translation and medical expenses that represents the additional costs
- Ensure that all the documents you need for the application are suited at the standard and that it meets the requirements of the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship and it should be of relevance to the State Government, but only when necessary
- Preparing the submission based on legislation that will support the application and show you in the best light possible
- Ensure that your application is completed in the right way and that it is accompanied with the right fee to make your application valid. The Department is unable to consider applications that are invalid.
- They assist you with any points or complexities of law that may or may not apply to your case
- Lodge in your application, they monitor the profess, and the liaise it with the Government of Australia on your behalf
You should check out whether the migration agency of your choosing is listed at the official website of the Office of Migration Agents Registration Authority.